”Hunger is not just about bread. There is also a hunger for love. Nudity is not just about clothes, but it is also a lack of human dignity and the wonderful virtue of purity. It is also a lack of respect for one another. Being homeless is not only not having a brick house, but it also means being rejected, unwanted, unloved…Mother TeresaWinner of the Nobel Peace Prize
The civic association BRIEŽDENIE is a non-profit and non-governmental organization that has been operating since 2005 in the field of social assistance to women and children who need social assistance and support or experience domestic violence.
The POKOJ Emergency Housing Facility is the only facility in the Martin and Turčianske Teplice districts that provides social services with a year-round stay for women and children.
Since the beginning of the operation of the facility, we have provided accommodation, assistance and support to 750 clients.
- Establishment of the organization: October 16, 2000 by a decision of the Ministry of the Interior of the Slovak Republic
- Premises for rent: 01.01.2005
- Opening of the Home for Single Parents: 15.12.2005
- Transformation of the facility into an emergency housing facility: 2008
- Transformation of the facility into a Safe Women’s House: 2016-2017
- Facility capacity: 40 clients